Hi,

I was trying to update my gentoo, when I found next:

Calculating world dependencies |
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "~kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.5" have been
masked.
[...]
(dependency required by "kde-base/kdebase-3.5.5-r1" [ebuild])

At the beginning the dependency was kdeartwork-kscreensaver, as I did
not use it, I cleaned, then ksnapshot & spuerkarmaba, which I also
clenaed, but now, I cannot do smae with kdebase.

Main question is why portage tries to update to masked packages if I
have not set any unmask options:

# grep kde /etc/portage/*
#

How may I find the reason of that?

PD: I've installed beryl, could it be the reason?

Cheers!

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net