Reordered for readability.

On Thursday 16 November 2006 17:54, jakommo wrote:
> > May I mention another tool which is IMHO better then the ELOG-feature?
> >
> > Check out enotice -> http://www.fmp.com/enotice/
> >
> > I use the ELOG-feature as well but I get not the information like with
> > enotice ... for sure it's my fault ;-)
>
> ok thanks, I check that out later.
> is it working together with elog now?
> because there´s an hint in the handbook that it doesn´t work with portage
> 2.0.*
> I´m using 2.1.1 so I think its fixed now.

No there is a hint that if you used enotice with 2.0.* then you need to remove
it entirely before the elog system in portage 2.1.* will work. The elog
system is entirely incompatible with enotice. There was no elog system in
2.0.* hence the existance of enotice. I'm not sure why anyone would want to
use enotice with 2.1.1 which does have quite a flexible elog system...

PS: Please don't top post.

--
Bo Andresen