On Thursday 16 November 2006 22:03, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a program that works on Solaris with gcc, but
> won't complile
> under Linux (either FC5 or Gentoo).  It seems to be because writing
>     int errno;
> works under Solaris gcc-3.4.3 (well, it passes the compiler anyway),
> but under Linux
> gcc-3.4.6 or -4.1.0 one has to
>     #include <errno.h>
> which makes more sense.  I would just make the change, but I'm
> baffled by the error message Linux gcc gives to the first
> declaration.  It reads:
>
> /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.6/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bi
>n/ld: errno: TLS definition in /lib/libc.so.6 section .tbss mismatches
> non-TLS reference in /tmp/cc6urgct.o
> /lib/libc.so.6: could not read symbols: Bad value
>
> But when I try to look up TLS, all I get is a bunch of stuff about a
> server-to-server
> email security protocol.  What is it talking about here, and where
> can I find out about it?

It would appear to be a an issue between linuxthreads and nptl. How are
your nptl and nptlonly USE flasg set?

This post that I find on google may start to give you more answers. It's
for a completely different package but the problem and solution seesmto
be the same as yours:

http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-dev-archive-2006-01/0020.shtml

alan