On Friday 17 November 2006 23:21, Dale wrote:
> OK.  I found that but maybe this is not what I am looking for.  Let's
> say I chat with someone and later on I want to go read it again.  I
> would like it to save a copy of the chat automatically without me having
> to do it manually.  Yahoo does this.  Is this what I am looking for or
> is it called something else?
>
> Thanks for the help.  Just trying to get this to do what Yahoo does so I
> can remove Yahoo.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)  :-)

I haven't used Yahoo Messenger and don't know how it logs conversations. But
with kopete, once you enable the history plug-in, you can select a contact
from the list, then select from the menu Edit | View History and browse
through a list of past conversations.
You can do pretty much the same thing by using the (browser like) navigation
buttons in a chat window. You might want to customize your toolbar if you
don't see these buttons.

--
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who
think.(Horace Walpole)