On 11/14/06, Joshua Schmidlkofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Cameron,
>
>     thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, all the reg hacks I found
> didn't work. If I find one that does, I'll post it here. :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Raphael

This sounds exactly like you do not have the nsswitch.conf environment
correct on your Linux box.   Are you using Winbind or nss_ldap?  Once
you verify that, does getent find the user/workstation?   Are you
using nscd?

Sorry for taking this long, rough week. I didn't understand your
answer. The Linux box you're talking about is the Samba server?

What is Winbind? Or nss_ldap?

getent returns users, I don't know how to check for workstations.

What is nscd?

Sincerely,
  Joshua