Am Dienstag, 21. November 2006 20:00 schrieb ext Dale:

> But at the moment it is Greek to me.  I did figure out that a segment is
> a partition though.  I can't get past this though.  I create a segment
> then when I highlight it in available objects tab and go to Actions and
> select make file system, a window pops up.  I select reiserfs which is
> what I always use here and then another window pops up.  It says Select
> Plugin Acceptable Objects and it lists all my hda partitions.  Since I
> don't want to mess with hda right now, this makes me "nervous".  I don't
> want to mess up anything so I hit cancel.

First, you don't mess up anything until you save.

You first have to tell EVMS how the available object(s) should be used (as a
volume or as a storage container for something else, like logical volumes).

Did you create a compatibility volume, EVMS volume or LVM2 Container on the
available object(s)? Since you want to use LVs, you should create a
container, using the "LVM2 Region Manager". Then you can create LVs inside
of this, which you have to turn into either compatibility or EVMS volumes.
You can then make filesystems on those.

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111