On Thursday 30 November 2006 12:19, Nick Rout wrote:
> on emerge -uDpv world I get:
>
> ===========
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ emerge -uDpv world

> Calculating world dependencies -
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "media-video/nvidia-glx".
> (dependency required by "x11-libs/qt-4.1.4-r2" [ebuild])
>

> !!! Problem resolving dependencies for app-arch/rpm
> !!! Depgraph creation failed.
>
> ===========
>
> Trouble is I do not have nvidia-glx installed. I have nvidia-driver
> installed.
>
> Other things:
>
> 1. yes it is a while since I emerged world
> 2. profile is x86/2006.1/desktop
> 3. nvidia-glx WAS in /var/lib/portage/world, but I commented it out, with
> no change 4. qt has a dependency: opengl? ( virtual/opengl virtual/glu ) -
> I suspect this of complicity in the problem. 5. This immediately follows an
> emerge -sync today, only thing I have done since then is emerge portage.
>
> Can anyone cast any more light?

Hmm.. You've verified that you've unmerged nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel? No
remnants of either of them in /var/db/pkg or your world file? Does

# grep -R nvidia /etc/portage

report anything? What is the output of:

# emerge -uDpv --tree --oneshot x11-libs/qt

?

If that doesn't provide more info than you've already posted then instead I
suggest attaching the output of:

# emerge --info && emerge -uDpv --debug --oneshot x11-libs/qt

as a compressed file.

--
Bo Andresen