Philip Webb wrote:

It would help if you listed the packages in question.

Also thanks to Ryan and Steve to illustrate the situation
in the "not_so_common_packages" scene. (BTW, how do I check
for an "overlay somewhere"?)

 - freewheeling (dies in glibc with double free or corruption)
   In the tree is only 0.5_pre4 (masked ~x86). There's bug
   149784 asking for a version bump to 0.5.2a and the newest
   version from the freewheeling people is 0.5.3

 - sooperlooper (won't build at all)
   In the tree is only 1.0.3 (masked ~x86). No bugs reported.
   Latest version is 1.0.8c (and even 1.0.8u for the Mac).
   I guess I've to file a bug asking for a version bump?

Hans.