On Saturday 02 December 2006 02:22, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > So I am here to ask your support to make djay our 11th member on the
> > next Userreps/Userrel meeting this Saturday...

I'm all for the remaining userreps just appointing djay and be done with it.
They are supposed to represent the users after all and AFAIK they are
unanimous so I really don't see a problem.

> My only concern is that if this process gets abused, a majority of
> userreps could expel a minority and handpick their replacements to match
> their own ideas...

He wasn't actually expelled by the userreps. He was expelled by userrel [1]
due to unacceptable behaviour.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/userrel/

--
Bo Andresen