On Saturday, 2 December 2006 14:59, Chris Walters wrote:
> James wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Im using the livecd amd64 to install a new AMD ATholon 64 x2 Dual-Core
> > based system. I'm at the processor selection and stumped by the lack of
> > choices.
> >
> > My amd64 turion laptop uses this option:
> > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
> > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
> >

> > In the current install, I k6, k6-2, k6-3, athlon-xp and athlon-mp
> > as choices.
> >

> > Did I burn the wrong liveCD amd64 cd?
> >

> > James
>
> Hello James,
>
> I would suggest trying in the CFLAGS, "-athlon64" you might want to set
> some other flags like "-mfpmath=", "-sse", "-sse2", and "-3dnow".

You should be specifying '-march=athlon64'.

'-athlon64' is not a valid CFLAG, also -sse/2 and -3dnow are all implied
by -march=athlon64 and I'm quite sure that -mfpmath=sse is also the default
on amd64. It may be useful to specify '-msse3' in the CFLAGS though if your
cpu supports SSE3 as no -march setting implies it yet. Although it's unlikely
that gcc utilises sse3 properly.

I recommend the following CFLAGS:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe"

Adding -msse3 if appropriate for your cpu.

--
Raymond Lewis Rebbeck