On 12/2/06, Randy Barlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> # ls -L /usr/bin/as

# ls -L /usr/bin/as
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/as: No such file or directory

The bizarre thing is that I can use the tab completion to see that there
is an entry for /usr/bin/as there...

This means that /usr/bin/as is a broken symlink, since -L is the
dereference option.  But binutils-config should fix that...

# env-update
/usr/bin/python: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot
handle TLS data

...unless glibc is broken in which case nothing will work...

I have a suspicion that changing the ntpl/ntplonly use flags at the
same time as changing CHOST wasn't a good idea. :-(

At this point, you probably need to boot from a liveCD and restore
/lib/libc-2.4.so and /lib/libc.so.6 from a backup, or copy them from
the liveCD.

-Richard