Hi group,

When I try to edit an mp3 file in audacity and then
"export" the result, a window opens which says
audacity must search for libmp3lame, OK? I click yes
and another window opens after a few seconds with
libmp3lame.so in /usr/lib highlighted. Now it gives
two choices: 'Cancel' and 'Open'. Open? Of course, if
'Cancel' is clicked the window closes and we're back
at square one. So I click 'Open' and the PC crashes
forcing a reboot. No error messages.

Does it actually try to "open" a library file? That
doesn't seem right.

-Maxim