Hey again everyone,

Still new when it comes to Gentoo and so I'm stuck when it comes to picking a firewall to use. I know that most (if not all) of them just use iptables to block/allow stuff but I like the simplicity of having it do it automatically. Anyway, I've been using APF on CentOS which worked great. Setting it up couldn't have been easier. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to play nicely with Gentoo. So now I'm looking for a new firewall. I tried Shorewall but it seems a little too complicated to set up. Is there something as simple as APF that works with Gentoo?

Thanks in advance for anyones recommendations.