On 12/5/06, Pawel Kraszewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dnia poniedziaƂek, 4 grudnia 2006 22:49, Daniel van Ham Colchete napisaƂ:

> I'm planing on using the eth1 ethernet with DRBD. My problem is that
> although the NICs support gigabit ethernet, they only negociate with
> 100baseT/Full. I'm using a CAT-5E crossover cable between the servers.

I'm not 100% sure, but try a straight cable. I don't quite remeber, but this
is due to that all 4 pairs are bi-directional and/or 1k cards are MDI/MDIX
autosensing.

OTOH see http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/ethernetcables.html

Pawel,

you were right. A straight cable worked perfectly! :-)!

Now my network autonegotiated at 1000baseT/Full.

Good reference too.

Thanks!

Best,
Daniel