On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 06:14 -0600, Dale wrote:

> I am looking at these right now.  Can someone help me pick from these
> four?  I don't see much difference myself.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152077
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106010
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136102
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827152075

the prices are all so close that it doesn't matter there.  The first and
last NEC are the same just silver and beige versions.

As for the others, just compare them side by side:

          NEC  LITE-ON  LG
        Silver  White  Beige
DVD+R     18X    16X    18X
DVD+RW     8X    8X     8X
DVD+R DL   8X    8X     8X
DVD-R     18X    16X    18X
DVD-RW     6X    6X     6X
DVD-RAM   12X           12X
DVD-ROM   16X    16X    16X
CD-R      48X    48X    48X
CD-RW     32X    24X    32X
CD-ROM    48X    48X    48X
Cache      2M    2M     2M

(E&OE)

> Also, correct me if I am wrong here, these will still burn CD-R and
> CD-RWs right?  I may use my current CD-RW in another machine or
> something is why I ask.

If they say CD-RW, then yes (all those do).

Hope this helps (and I hope my ISP is working so this will get through!)

Landru! Guide us!
                -- A Beta 3-oid, "The Return of the Archons", stardate 3157.4