On Tuesday 05 December 2006 23:04, rob wrote:
> I Just use dvdrip emerge it works fine.

I have used dvdrip and it created an avi file.  I have come across two issues
since which I am not sure how to resolve:

1. Although I set the size of the media to 4700MB, dvdrip created a file which
is just 2.9G (according to K3B).
2. I burned it to a DVD, but cannot mount it!  I am lost as to why I can't
mount the darn thing.  I get a message:

# mount -t udf /dev/dvd /mnt/dvd
mount: No medium found

I tried UDF because auto, or iso9660, didn't work either.  I tried
mounting/playing it on a colleague's WinXP box and it worked fine.  What's up
with this?

This is what my fstab has:

/dev/dvd   /mnt/dvd   auto,iso9660,udf   noauto,ro,user,exec   0 0

Any suggestions on either front would be great.
--
Regards,
Mick