On Thursday 7 December 2006 12:00, Andres Buehlmann wrote:

> Hi
>
> I found a problem using seq (from coreutils):
> With version 6.4, I get:
>[cut]
> I.e., zero padding (with decimals) doesn't work.
>
> However, with the older version 5.94, I get as expected:
>[cut]
> Can anybody confirm this? Am I missing something or is it simply a bug
> in the newer version?

Seems that -w only pads with leading zeros. From "info coreutils seq":

`-w'
`--equal-width'
     Print all numbers with the same width, by padding with leading
     zeros.  FIRST, STEP, and LAST should all use a fixed point decimal
     representation.  (To have other kinds of padding, use `--format').

>From the above description, it seems that there are two ways to get the
output you want: either use the command

seq -w 0.00 0.25 1.00

or use -f: