Thomas Rösner wrote:
> Xamindar wrote:
>> Richard Fish wrote:

>>> I have done this, but end up rebooting the vmware session every time I
>>> try, because I move around to different networks and the networking
>>> between linux and XP gets confused.  So generally I'd recommend
>>> suspending the virtual machine with vmware's suspend function first,
>>> and then hibernate.
>>>
>> You are right, it kills the vmware machine on hibernate.  I just tried
>> it.  Oh well, at least it doesn't freeze.  I'll try that vmware suspend
>> function.
>>

> vmware uses Alsa, no? I see no way you can keep sound apps running if
> you have to unload the alsa module before hibernating.
>
> Regards,
>    T.
hmm, maybe that is it.  I'll try not unloading the alsa drivers and see
if it still crashes.  Do most sound drivers resume just fine?  I think
with mine the sound will still work on a resume and will only NOT work
if I was playing music while I hibernated.  So I just set it to unload
them every time to be safe.