Has anyone gotten their system to boot with an evms root volume on a purely udev system? If so, can you tell me how you did it.

The problem I am having is the initrd from the evms site expects a kernel that understands devfs. The problem I'm having with genkernel --evms2 is that it complains that it cannot find /dev/evms/root. When I drop into the shell from this point, there is nothing except /dev/evms/dm.

When I boot with livecd and run evms_activate...all my /dev/evms/root, boot, home, usr, etc show up.

I have scoured the web and I am at a loss. I really want to use evms, but it looks like I'm going to have to punt on this.

Cheers,
Kevin