You could try Cinelerra, its very powerful and has decent documentation. Its
a little unstable, and you'll have to use the CVS ebuild, but it seems
_very_ capable.
~Ian

On 12/17/06, darren kirby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

quoth the Thierry de Coulon:
> On Sunday 17 December 2006 04:34, Michael Sullivan wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest a simple, easy-to-use software package for light
> > editing of video files (cutting commercials out of MythTV recordings).
> > I tried to use avidemux, but it went into an infinite loop when I
tried
> > to save the file after editing.  bugs.gentoo.org suggests to me that a
> > fix isn't coming.  I need an alternative...
>
> you might take a look at kino, I think it ca do this sort of things. Or
> seem to remember about a work in progress names "lives" I think that
wanted
> to be some sort of an open source iMovie, but I did not follow the
> progress.

Unless it has changed in the last little bit, kino does DV video only.

> I must admit that I have given up on Linux video editing for the time
and
> do that on Mac OS...  :(

As do I ... I tried kino in the past but it's just not there yet.

> Thierry

-d
"...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more
expected..."