On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 09:57:05 -0800
Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

> I'm up-to-date on stable ebuilds.
> I've tried to view a cute youTube "Code Monkey" video, but get the
> complaint my flash Player plugin is obsolete (or I'm blocking
> Javascript, which is false).  It's
>    at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lLRBiEBRAc

Here's some code for downloading youtube videos:
#!/usr/bin/perl

$base="http://videodownloader.net/get/?url=";;

if ($#ARGV==-1) {
    print "Usage: u2b.pl \"[youtube-url-here]\"\n";
        exit(1);
        }
        $u2burl=$ARGV[0];

        print "Fetching downloading url...\n\n";
        $contents=`curl -s '$base/$u2burl'`;
        $contents=~s/\n//;
        $contents=~/<a href="http:\/\/youtube.com\/get_video\?(.*)">/;
        $contents=substr($1,0,55);
        print "Found: '$contents'\n\n";
        system("wget -c 'http://youtube.com/get_video?$contents'");
        print "\nAnd now...run mplayer!\n";

PS: I don't have the author's name, so sorry if you find this without
any note about you :-)

Also, you could download "Ook? Video Ook!" Firefox's extension.

HTH

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net