On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Strong Cypher wrote:

> I'm looking for a language really great for ajax web developping
>
> I really want a list of advantage a disadvantage, like
>
> Developper available who know well the language
> Ajax integration
> Framework object oriented ...
>
> Easy plugins install ...
>
> I'm searching and searching, I found 2 one
>
> Ruby, really beautifull, but lake of developper who know it are really a bad
> pointed, I can do a mistake perhaps
> And so PHP, lot's of people know it, smarty + adodb or pear, and object are
> fine, but does exist an alternative ?

There isn't a language specifically geared to doing AJAX stuff (AJAX is
usually Javascript anyway).

There are a lot of frameworks out there that might make it easier to
_generate_ AJAX code and/or work with specific AJAX libraries like
Prototype, Scriptaculous, Dojo, etc.

Some of the better frameworks:

Ruby on Rails: based on Ruby; comes with Prototype and helpers to work
with it. Ive found the Ruby folks to be very helpful - the Rails list is a
very high volume list! Very nice framework.

Symfony: PHP5 object-based; comes with Prototype and helpers; there is a
Dojo plugin; Yahoo used this framework to develop their new bookmarks
service (http://beta.bookmarks.yahoo.com/); Im using this at work
currently and have found it fairly easy to use.

If you like Python, you might want to check out Django or TurboGears (I
dont know much about them since I dont know Python but they have receieved
a lot of positive press).