In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Philip Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 061230 Q wrote:
> > Is there a way to have an app-launching icon appear
> > on one or more of the KDE desktops but not on others?
>
> Have a look at 'apwal' : it doesn't do exactly what you request,
> but it's a rather cute device for calling up icons when you want them.
> I have it mapped to the left mouse button.

Thanks much; that's really neat.  I've used xbindkeys to map
ctrl+rightclick to apwal.  But I'd rather have it come up only when I
right click on the desktop; again I seem to be up against a lack of
configurability in KDE, which will only let me choose among various KDE
menus to bind to clicking on a desktop.

--
»Q«