* Jigme Datse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

> I ran into a similar problem in one of my updates of it.  I am currently
> running 1.68, and was running 1.4 and may have gone through the 1.5
> series.  There is documentation on the mediawiki site at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading the key that I think you
> may be missing is the command:
>
> $ php update.php

Of course I tried that, but didn't help.
Some further research showed up:

You need to copy LocalSettings.php to AdminSettings.php and add
$wgDBadminuser+$wgDBadminpassword containing your DB's root
login data there.

BTW: I'm a little bit confused why it needs root privileges to
add / change some tables. Isn't the database already owned by the
wiki's user ? ... strange ...

cu