On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:55, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
> Oh,God!
> I can't start my machine with the livecd anymore even I have burned
> another livecd with "livecd-i686-installer-2006.1.iso".
> The error is still all the same:"coldpluging pci devices",which
> appears at 68%'s progress.

You have some kind of pci device that is not playing nicely with the
LiveCD. Perhaps a kernel module is starting with the wrong parameters,
or there is a bug, or whatever.

Remove all pci devices except ones you need and try various sensible
combinations in a sensible order to narrow down the device that is
problematic.

When the CD first boots, there is a splash screen where you can select
which kernel to use and various options. If I remember correctly it's
on the F2 key. Have a look there at stuff that can be disabled - acpi
is a common culprit so try that first

> Now my machine has a Windows2003,so is there any way that I can
> install gentoo in Windows?

No.

alan