> David:
>
> I am currently using Xchat, which I like, but has a few annoyances to
> it as well, the biggest thing about kopete is having an all in one
> (and the IRC module in gaim is TERRIBLE!!!) as well as some easier to
> use interfaes and stuff
>
> TIM

Are there any specific niggles/annoyances? I'm not trying to crusade for
XChat users (being mainly an irssi man myself) just seeing if I can help
at all, as I can't help much with Kopete issues (I use it for AIM and
MSN only).

e.g. One thing that annoyed me about XChat was the throttling it did
when I tryed to /exec -o cowsay ;). /set net_throttle 0 worked perfectly
:>

Cheers

David

David:

My biggest complaint with xchat is that the notify system is very clunky
and difficult to use and is very very prone to false positives, as well,
it does not (that I have found) have a facility for keeping a list of
chans that you frequent etc (other than the autojoin on start function).

KVIRC works well for me but its quite unstable in some aspects, and the
notification (sounds etc) system for it is a bit hard to use as its
designed more for scripters etc.

Konversation is nice, but has problems with some IRC daemons, and im not
into the command line based stuff at all

Tim

Tim Holmes
IT Manager / Webmaster / Teacher

Medina Christian Academy