Peter Alfredsen wrote:
> On Friday 05 January 2007 01:25, Dale wrote:
>

>> Any ideas in case this don't work?
>>

> What you are doing WILL NOT WORK. The old version of util-linux will only
> work
> with the (really) old linux-headers. What is the output of "emerge -pv
> linux-headers"? It's probably >2.16.18, since you have these problems. If you
> just want to fix this (and only this) problem, just put that line into
> package.keywords, emerge --sync and emerge util-linux.
>
> If you still have problems, let's have the output of emerge --info.

I think that package is just plain broke.  I went up one version and it
worked just fine.  To answer your question:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / # emerge -pv linux-headers

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R   ] sys-kernel/linux-headers-2.6.19  0 kB
>
> Total size of downloads: 0 kB
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] / #

It worked when I emerged the new version of util-linux and I restarted
the script, just in case something else would be affected later on.

So far, so good.  If I run into this one again I'll post it.  See if we
can figure it out.

Thanks.

Dale

--