Maybe you did NOT choose your driver of net device...
use 'lspci' to see the type and brand of your net device,
and then choose it in linux kernel!

also, you can compile it as a module or link it into the kernel!

I've installed a relatively minimal stage 3 system, taking care to install
everything for adsl support and nothing with X (as nearly every attempt
with X has failed in some way, usually on a package with a name something
like X11.1111-R1), but I had hoped that as long as I could get online, I
could install everything I wanted thereafter; however I've had no such
luck.

First, I'm told that my usage (like I set it up) of eth0 is depreciated
and I read net.example once over and multiple times in what I thought were
the related areas and I can't get around this problem.  This, still, is
only a warning, hence its yellowiness, but then, as dhcp gets started, it
fails to find the device.  I've modprobed everything that might be needed
within reason and ifconfig still can't find the card.

I have, however, figured out the pppd dsl bit, surpassing rp-pppoe,
however, none of that matters if the hardware is invisible.  I'm hoping
I'm just missing some small step that makes magic happen, but until I
know what to do, I'm trapped in the install-cd environment.

All help and potential help appreciated,
Eric

This message was sent using EZ-Net's Webmail

EZ-Net Inc : Internet · Computers · Networks
920-846-8008
http://www.ez-net.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]