On 1/4/07, James Lockie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:28:06 -0500, James Lockie wrote:
>

>> It mounts when I connect it but a user can't unmount it.
>> My USB memory stick and USB card reader work fine.
>> It is only the hard drive that I can't unmount as a user.
>>

> You may need to add it to /etc/pmount.allow, as described in man pmount.

I don't think pmount is installed/needed.

Maybe not "needed", but highly "recommended", at least by me.  I
suggest merging it.

# emerge -p pmount

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/pmount-0.9.13  USE="crypt hal"

Ok, so how are you mounting the drive under KDE?  ivman?

-Richard