2007/1/6, Oliver Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Hello Chuanwen

Not sure about the trail here ... seems you want to boot from a hp/compaq
smart-array

You need to install grub with the batch option.

grub --batch --device-map=/boot/grub/device.map
--config-file=/boot/grub/grub.conf --no-floppy

then

root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
quit

Yeah!I can enter grub when I reboot now!!Thank you so much!!!!
You know,last time I used "grub  --device-map=/boot/grub/device.map"
and the result was also "succeeded" and "Done."

It's very wizardly!Now I can boot up just by change the command that
start grub!!
make sure your fstab and your mtab (!!), also you proc is mounted and your
device.map is correct.

Have also two servers with smart-array.....

cheers
Oli

> 2007/1/6, Neil Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Chuanwen Wu wrote:
>> >
>> > Now,I can't boot any OS and can't even enter the grub menu.
>> TBH, all the machines I have had with SmartArrays have also had a
>> simple SCSI or IDE HD for the purposes of booting. It makes life so much
>> simpler. ;) Given the low price of IDE HDs these days, you don't need a
>> big one, I think I would install one pretty damn quick. ;)
>>
> Is it the only way?
>>
>> Be lucky,
>> Neil
>>

>> --