Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D <David.Nelson2 <at> astrazeneca.com> writes:

> > I have a one new gentoo sytems installed that works good with a 20"
> > Sceptre LCD monitor.

> > However, when I move the hdmi connector to a 32" vizio hdtv/display,
> > the display is too large for the physical screen. This happens
> > before I 'startx' and after kde/X starts up.

> > I tried using "DisplaySize" but that did not work.

> > Any ideas? What baffles me is the display is too big
> > in console mode too?

> Is there not some sort of setting on the TV to adjust it? Usually there
> is some automatic adjustment, or you can change the height/width of the
> picture.

Hello David,

Well there definately is on the old CRT analog monitors, but, this one
does not have such dials. It has a software interface, but I have not
seen anything inside of it. I'll take another look, as there are many
many buttons on the remote.

Another friend (not on the gentoo list) suggested I look into settings
on the ATI card (via aticonfig or such) but this is another research
project.

thanks for the suggestion.

James