Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:22:58 -0500, Henk Boom wrote:
>

>> Hi, after my latest emerge -uDN world I discovered that I had ran out
>> of disk space on my root partition. It was causing problems, so I
>> immediately did an eclean-dist --destructive, which freed up a couple
>> hundred megabytes.
>>

> I recommend that you put $DISTDIR (and $PORTAGE_TMPDIR) on a less
> critical partition. Running out of space on / or /var is not very nice.

He may can clean out the temp files too.  One that comes to mind first
is /var/tmp/portage.  Anything that failed to emerge is in there.  If he
has buildpkg in make.conf, then he may can clean out some of those too,
in /usr/portage/packages/All.  Let's not forget that some of the logs in
/var/log can have a bit of size to them too.  I'm assuming those are on
the same partition as root.

Hope some of this helps.  I have ran into this on a older machine myself.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967