Hi, I recently upgraded my system with emerge -uDN world. Afterwards I found
that net.eth0 was grabbing my firewire port (ieee1394) and I needed to create
net.eth2 for my NIC as net.eth1 was being assigned to my wireless. My problem
is that although "rc-update show" indicates all my interfaces are NOT being
loaded other than net.lo at boot (which is what I want) my system keeps trying
to start net.eth0 net.eth1 net.eth2 in the " default" run level. Can anybody
help? It's very frustrating waiting for these interfaces to try and connect
before timing out.

I've always run my network connection on this basis as Gentoo is on my laptop
and depending where I am will determine which interface I want to use.

Thanks, Richard