If you're looking for an ultra-portable, take a look at the Thinkpad
X60s. I've gotten everything to work on it, aside from the modem which I
haven't tested. It's also one of the best ultra-portables on the market.
In general, most hardware will work fine on Thinkpads. If in doubt:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/