* Pierre-Yves Rofes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07-01-05 11:42]:
> Hi,
>
> I think starting a new configuration from scratch is a really bad idea.
> It's boring and it will require hours to have something decent.
> You'd better to get a working config close from what you want, and then
> edit it to suit your personal needs and tastes.

Yeah, I agree to that. It's easier to adapt the someone's config than
start a new one from a scratch mainly beacuse you need to have a picture
of what you want from your WM and a right directions to start. I know
I should need menu, taskbar and pager, but what to read, where to
start from? If you're convicted only to a man pages then that's PITA. It
will take hours to figure out what sections of which man pages to
read. Written tutorials help a bit, but still it takes quite a lot to
become familiar with a simple options. IMHO, fvwm has a lack of the
good structured and a heavily cross linked documentation, the one like
mutt and mplayer have. There are so many options, available keywords
that can't be just bundled in a single man pages. There were also some
proposals of the default configuration which is good as a guideline, but
I'm sure that it wouldn't present not even the third of the available
customizations. So as a result you're ending up with a heavy research of
forums, mail lists, available configs, wiki and that takes time...

[...]

--
Daniel Vrcic