On 1/9/07, Hemmann, Volker Armin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
since the problems also appear with nv (but not as severe), I would not blame
nvidia, but minefield.

Yes, I thought it might be some problem with cairo, which might affect X.
I've had some problems with cairo in the past, and as Minefield's
graphics display relies on cairo, perhaps it would be a problem with
it. I'll have a search on gentoo bugzilla.

But first, what card would you use, if you don't choose nvidia?
AMD/ATI? With the latest cards not even 2D is possible anymore. And their
drivers really suck.

That's the problem... I don't think there is anything better :(

--
Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.lustosa.net/