Alan E. Davis <lngndvs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Using an AsRock 939SLI32-eSATA2 motherboard and a Western Digital
sata drive, I have been having alot of trouble.  I found AHCI driver
to work, at least detect the drive/partitions.  I have had no end of
problems.I had moved this drive from another machine w/ a Tyan motherboard,
 where it worked flawlessly.

Hello Alan,

You might want to contact the motherboard manufacture (or poke around
the web) to see if that mobo has a newer release of firmware (bios).

I recently has sata drive problems that on a firmware update to a
MPI motherboard could fix......

hth,

James