sean <tech.junk <at> verizon.net> writes:

> I emerged the latest drivers you specified above and -dri stable
> drivers, these actually compiled.
> The xorg configure keeps crashing, but I played around with my earlier
> xorg config.

Well, if you like I'll email directly to you my xorg.conf file for my
ati-1900. There are numerous differences compared to any of my radeon
compatible xorg.conf files...

> Here is a real odd one. Having specified the radeon driver, started
> xorg, and it fails stating cannot find the radeon driver.

Hold on a second; you need to 'double check' my advice because I
did everything over and over, including building new kernels with
the options that various web pages recommended, before I got mine to
work. So I'll give you advice and relate my experiences, but, I do not
have ati-drivers worked out to the point of a flawless (correct)
installation proceedure. Sometimes you just have to bang on the
install a few times.

What is really needed is for one of the smart peole on this list
to write a simple one page wiki for ati-drivers, with version 8.32.5