On Monday 15 January 2007 13:56, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > Hmm.. maybe you think eix behaves like esearch. eix always looks in the
> > vdb so whether you run update-eix before or after an upgrade is
> > irrelevant..
>
> I've confused myself more than once because eix "lied" to me.  This does
> seem to be fixed in my current version, so I may update my script.  Thanks
> for the pointer.

I see. I've never experienced that but either way eix-sync isn't just a sync
and an update-eix. It runs diff-eix and might run update-eix before the sync.
If you don't care about diff-eix using eix-sync hence isn't exactly an
optimization. So it's not like there's any actual drawback to running
update-eix last. ;)

--
Bo Andresen