On 1/15/07, Kent Fredric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/16/07, Vlad Dogaru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Browsing getoo-wiki.com for an image viewer, I only found Gthumb, which
> depends on GNOME. I use Fluxbox because I have an older computer and
would
> like to keep dependencies at a minimum. Any suggestions? I only need a
> viewer; organising my pictures is not a plus. No exotic formats, just
jpeg,
> gif and the usual.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vlad

Tools i usually rely on are
* feh  :  uses imlib ( brags to be the fastest ) , very lightweight in
use, but an insane collection of features if you read the man pages to
see the extra tricks it can perform
* gliv :uses opengl  and gtk , making it awesome for viewing some of
those larger images using the fast and quality scaling algos of your
GPU
*fbi : ( media-gfx/fbida) which is great for viewing images when you
cant be bothered cracking open X
* anytopnm + aview : for days your feeling geeky and need to display
images in a textual representation ( black and white )
* cacaview : for days you want to demostrate how much free time geeks
have and nothing else feels like working cos your stuck on a windows
box with PUTTY.

Hi Kent,

I'm definitely keeping this list for later use, thanks a lot for your input.

Vlad