On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:12:03 +0000, Avaricen wrote:

> > Btw., shouldn't portage have some kind of flag to at least warn if a
> > proprietary package is being pulled in through dependencies?

It will have, this has been discussed on the dev list.

> I just
> > discovered that I have realplayer installed, which was pulled in by
> > mplayer.

> What do you mean you had realplayer pulled in by Mplayer?

emerge mplayer with the real USE flag and it installs realplayer as a
dependency.

> Also I'm unaware of anyone really caring about licenses.

Really? How about RMS? Closer to home, try Duncan on gentoo-amd64!
A lot of people care about the agreements they are required to make when
using software.

--
Neil Bothwick

I'm in shape ... Rounds a shape isn't it?