On 1/20/07, Vlad Dogaru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 1/20/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Friday 19 January 2007 21:28, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
> > On 1/19/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > What you probably need is a line like:
>  > > ============================================
> > > kill -HUP conky
> > > ============================================
> > > after your 'exec /usr/bin/conky &' entry in .fluxbox/startup.
> > >
> > > Alternatively,
> > > ============================================meant to be
> > > kill -HUP `echo ${SOME_THING} | cut -d ':' -f 2`
> > > ============================================
> > > may do the trick but only if 'SOME_THING' is an environment variable for
> > > conky, which may or may not exist.  If it doesn't exist then you need a
> > > string which will source the conky PID from ps.  I haven't such a string
> > > available here, but I recall seeing something in Google.
>
> > I've solved the problem by taking your suggestion further. I've added
> >
> > pkill -HUP conky
> >
> > to my startup file, before starting Conky. That does the trick as far as I
> > can tell.
>
> Try adding it after the start fluxbox line.  Then it should kill it when
> fluxbox exits.

Never thought of it that way, but I will give ti a try.

>  PS. Your English is perfect and so would be your netiquette, especially if
you
> posted messages in plain text only!  ;-)

That's a problem I have. Can I configure Gmail to send plain text?

Never mind that, I was just being idiotic thinking it was some sort of
hack. The link in the formatting bar had completely eluded me for
years.

Vlad

--
How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.