Mick wrote:
> On Monday 22 January 2007 11:48, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what I initially thought was a problem with kdelibs is turning into
>> something even more strange. Emerge failed for every package I tried
>> to install with the message: "Internal compiler error: Segmentation
>> Fault".
>>

> Segmentation errors indicate low mem.
>

>> Could this be connected to X running
>> alarmingly slow?
>>

> Yep.  If you stop/zap xdm and try again from the console, does it segfault?

I have got those when I had the wrong driver for my drive controller.
You may want to check that if this is a new install or you have changed
your kernel recently.  I tested mine by doing back to back hdparm -Tt
tests.  It fails when you do the test 4 or 5 times in a row.

Hope that helps.

Dale

--
www.myspace.com/dalek1967