On Tuesday 23 January 2007 22:28, Daniel Barkalow wrote:
> Is there some approved way to unmask a USE flag that your profile masks?
> (Maybe only for certain packages?) I need "multilib" for
> cross-arm-elf/newlib, and x86 profiles have it masked.
>
> (For that matter, arm profiles seem to also have it masked, despite at
> least some arm devices having two ISAs)

I seriously doubt it'll work but unmasking a use flag is easy..

# mkdir -p /etc/portage/profile

To unmask it globally:

# echo '-multilib' >> /etc/portage/profile/use.mask

Or on a per package basis (note: for this to work properly requires portage
2.1.2 which isn't stable quite yet):

# echo 'cross-arm-elf/newlib -multilib' >> /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask

--
Bo Andresen