[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've had no success getting my HP PSC 1610 Inkjet/Scanner connected to
CUPS under Gentoo. Of course, there's no such thing as a "best" printer,
but do any subscribers have recommendations for printers they've found
easy to connect and use?

Either inkjet or low-cost laser.

Thanks
Carl Adams

I have a Brother HL-5140, it is working fine with CUPS through SAMBA, because the machine is attached to a Windows XP PC, and I have linux in an old Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT Laptop PC. When you review the list of foomatic ready, you will see also a lot of printers ready to work with Linux using CUPS.

Sigfrido