On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:12:41 +0300, Bo Ørsted Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Whether you should move or not I'll leave up to you. Following ciaranm.org or even planetpaludis.org should allow you to decide for yourself... Just make sure to read the docs at paludis.org if you want to try it. Effort is being put into making paludis compatible with portage so it's not necessarily a one
way street. It's config files aren't compatible though.

I am also looking at Paludis, have read the docs, but cannot figure out one thing: does Paludis replace all of emerge, ebuild, revdep-rebuild, equery, qlist and friends? Ot looks like yes, with the possible exception of ebuild, which should still work, but I do not really know. Any comments?

--
Andrei Gerasimenko