On 30/01/07, Shaochun Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I know it forbids making hardlink for directory in current filesystem,
but i don't know why? Can you tell me why?

Hardlinking directories is forbidden as it allows you to introduce
loops into the filesystem. E.g. directory "a" within "b" within "a"
again. See this thread on LKML, kicked off by a patch to allow
hardlinked directories, for more information on why this is a very bad
idea:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/669080

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan