On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:10:45 +0000, Mick wrote:

> > Not on my 1GHz G4 iBook, for which there are no binary packages
> > available. It takes around 15 hours :(
>
> Ha, ha!  :)
>
>      Sat Mar 18 21:22:50 2006 >>> app-office/openoffice-2.0.1-r1
>        merge time: 23 hours, 30 minutes and 58 seconds.
>
> As if that's not bad enough I remember a couple of years ago I tried it
> 3 times in a row, with different fixes each time (some bug wouldn't let
> it complete the emerge).  I must have been at it for the best part of a
> week.

I know how you felt. there was a problem that caused the OOo install
script to fail, after 15 hours of compilation. That took quite a few
runs to get sorted. The day after I got it to install, a new version came
out with the same problem :(

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows 98, the most installed system in the world, I know, I've done it
5 or 6 times myself.