On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:21:51 +0100, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:

> > You need to set up udev rules to have persistent naming for your
> > devices, then KDE will use this to name the mount point. See
> > http://www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php
>
> Done too. udev creates a nice /dev/minolta which I would like
> automounted to /mnt/camera (or even /media/camera)
>
> If only pmount.allow would allow for a <device> <label to use>. But as
> it seems that would make life to simple eg. less interesting..;)

pmount.allow only specifies which devices may be automounted. When
mounting, pmount gets the name from either the disk's volume name or the
device. Does your camera use a removable memory card? If so, try putting
it in a card reader and setting the volume name with mkdosfs or mtools.
My camera formats the card with a volume name of CANON_EOS, so it is
mounted at /media/CANON_EOS.

--
Neil Bothwick

Q   How many screws are there in a lesbians coffin?
A   None. It's all tongue and groove.