James wrote:
Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber <at> googlemail.com> writes:

As far as I am informed the win32codecs are not related to any archticture, they just provide codecs used on Windows Systems.
Which errrors do you get?

Hello Jakob
Despite including 'win32codecs' in my USE flags and in the
/etc/portage/package.use (for vlc) it shows win32codecs
as not being a compiled in option.

I just discovered that you can emerge 'win32codes', so is that
what I have to do to use win32codecs with vlc on amd64 ?

emerge -pv vlc
[ebuild R ] media-video/vlc-0.8.6-r1 USE="X <snip> (-win32codecs)

???

James

Yes. Try emerging the win32 codecs. They should actually be installed automatically as a dependency. I don't think that there is a special package for 64bit. Just use emerge --search or gentoo-portage.com to find out if there are special amd64 packages available. Maybe win64codecs ... :-)

Cheers,
Jay